They will know we are Christians by our love.
A School of Prayer & Discipleship
As followers of Christ, and founders at The Gifted School, we have created a safe haven for youth to come, learn, and develop their gifts through the value of fine arts education while acknowledging, expressing, and openly declaring the Name of Jesus Christ. With this implemented at The Gifted School, we believe that this level of higher learning is the highest level of education ever received - it is an education that is eternal.
Current STUDENT Bible Studies Series:
Be a PEACEMAKER!
TEACHING THE NEXT GENERATION HOW TO BE REFLECTORS OF CHRIST: PRACTICING THE WAY OF JESUS
A Christ-centered Education
The highest form of curriculum taught and implemented at The Gifted School is first, and foremost, the knowledge of Jesus Christ. Not only are semester arts studies centered around biblical teachings and principles, but the foundation of all educational factors and services represented at The Gifted School are rooted in this purpose.
"Young Disciples" Youth Ministry
The Gifted School continues to challenge students to go out as disciples OF JESUS CHRIST in spreading the GospeL. STUDENTS LEARN HOW TO BUILD A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH HIS ONE AND ONLY SON, JESUS CHRIST THROUGH WEEKLY BIBLE STUDIES CLASSES.
partnering with Journey, The Gathering, Church
Daily Bible Studies Integrated into all Academic Art Courses.
In this offering, we are hopeful for the opportunity to share the love and gospel of Jesus Christ. The living testimony of Christ is the ultimate gift we can give to a child.
As a Christian school, we believe in the life, death, burial, resurrection and the return of Jesus Christ, and are committed to living out His teachings as well as spreading the gospel of Christ to all nations. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Equipping a Generation for Christ
Students will have the opportunity through Journey, the Gathering, Church to learn about Christ through weekly Bible Studies classes which are integrated into all Academic Art Courses in addition to students serving the less fortunate and those in need through The Gifted School's on-site student ministry, "Young Disciples."
The Gifted School, a Christian PreparatorySchool of Academic Arts has an on-campus Church – Journey, The Gathering, and as such reflects the position of the Church concerning statements of faith through all teachings administered by The Gifted School.
This School and Church accepts the Bible as the revealed Will, Truth and Word of the one and only God, the all-sufficient rule for faith and practices, and for the purpose of maintaining general unity as one among believers of Jesus Christ, adopts the following statement of fundamental truths:
Proclaiming and walking in the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the Church and others to do the same. Matthew 28:19-20
THE GIFTED SCHOOL STATEMENTS OF FAITH
· We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, divine and trustworthy Word of God revealing the love of God to the world and having the Supreme authority in all matters of faith, conduct and salvation. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21
· We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6, Hebrews 1:3
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved. Those who believe in the LORD Jesus will be saved. Faith in Jesus Christ is the only “step” to salvation. The message of the Bible is abundantly clear. We have all sinned against God. Because of our sin, we deserve to be eternally separated from God, BUT because of His love for us, God took on human flesh and died in our place, taking the punishment that we deserve. God promises forgiveness of sins and eternal life in heaven to all who receive, by grace through faith, Jesus Christ as Savior. Because of our sin, we cannot in any sense earn salvation. Only God could accomplish our salvation, and so He did. God, Himself, completed the steps and thereby offers salvation to anyone who will receive it from Him, through His One and Only Son, Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12; Acts 16:30-31; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23; John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; John 1:12, 3:16, 5:24; Acts 16:31
· We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His divine and human existence, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His work between God and mankind as the one and only High Priest, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
· We believe salvation is wholly a work of God’s free grace, and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ. We believe personal salvation be given to all who have repented of their sins, who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ to the saving of their souls, have given clear evidence of their salvation, and are thus born again. We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. By admitting we have sinned through repentance to Christ, and believing in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, and accepting Him as Lord and Savior, we can spend eternity with God. Jesus is the source of eternal salvation for all who believe and obey Him. Furthermore, we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. The Bible describes hell as a real place. A place of suffering and a place of permanent separation from God for those who die without accepting Christ. God’s desire is that no one be separated from Him for eternity, which is why He sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to earth. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23-28, 5:1; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7, Ephesians 2:4-6, 8-9; Titus 3:4-7; Hebrews 5:9; Hebrews 9:27-28; Revelation 20:12-15; John 3:16-18.
· We believe that salvation is a free gift provided through the work of the cross accomplished through Christ Jesus and the regeneration by the Holy Spirit. John 3:5-8; Galatians 5:25; Ezekiel 36:26-27; Ephesians 4:30; Colossians 3:10; 2 Corinthians 5:15-17; John 6:63
· We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and immersion in water as taught by Jesus, as the way for believers to identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Furthermore, symbolizing the death and burial of the old way of life and resurrection to new life with Christ (Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ). The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift from God. He helps empower the believer to develop the character of Christ and live every day in God’s will. Matthew 3:11,16; Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:5; Acts 19:2-6; Romans 6:1-5
· We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8, 2:4 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
· We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the wicked; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the wicked unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. Acts 24:15; 1 Corinthians 6:14,1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15; John 11:25-26; John 6:40, 47.
· We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all believers, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith. 1 Corinthians 1:10; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 4:3-6, John 17:20-23.
· We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation is only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
· We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38, 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15, Matthew 25:35-40.
· We believe in the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper, and it shall be observed regularly as enjoined by Scripture Luke 22:19; I Corinthians 11:23-26.
· We believe God gives all believers spiritual gifts. They are for the strengthening of God’s people (the Church) and proof of God’s existence and power to unbelievers. The gifts of the Spirit are active and relevant today. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 1 Peter 4:10-11